Thursday, April 26, 2012

Home again, home again


Saturday was our last day of vacation. So, we went to Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, it's the tallest lighthouse in the western hemisphere, and the tallest brick lighthouse in the world. AND I love it : -)
Cape Hatteras with some exceptional clouds

 Laney, Max, and Zelie chillin' in their jammies 

Sunday, we drove home through an awful storm that covered most of the East Coast, sounds like great weather to drive in right?
So yeah, that sucked...

 Before we'd gone too far, we decided to stop and get some of the BEST coffee I've ever had. It's from the Front Porch Cafe in Nags Head, and it's called the West 3rd. It's flavored with caramel, hazelnut, and chocolate, it's pretty much the best thing ever :)
BTW, did you know that if you order your coffee "all the way" it comes with whip cream on the top? 

 Six hours into our trip home we stopped at Grammy and Papa's house  to stretch our legs and visit for a bit.
My fantastic Grammy, and her look-a-like Zelie 

Once we arrived home we met our welcome party of  Dee, my older brother Zac, and my sisters Tilly, and Eli. What we hadn't noticed driving up to the house in the awful rain and the dark was the new edition off of  the back of our house! It went up in the in the 24 days we were gone! The current plans for the two new spaces are, a pantry, and a library/project room.
 Monday was my nephew Dominic's first birthday (how has it been a year?!?), Tuesday Joe came home from Afghanistan  for a brief  visit. Wednesday Tilly and Joe's refrigerator/freezer broke so I helped watch the kids, cook the thawed food, and transfer the contents of the fridge into coolers.  Today I took the reading and writing portions of my college placement exam. I scored a 85 and 98 respectively : -) I have the math portion of the test in the morning. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment