Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead. Some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat I'm all ready you see, now my troubles are going to have troubles with me." ~ Dr.Seuss

~Ooops, clicked on save, not publish ;-)  5/15


 5/13~
This past weekend was so busy! Mama, Aunt Katie, Thomas, Eli, and I drove up to Syracuse, NY on Friday to celebrate my cousin Megan's graduation from ESF.
Getting to New York from Virginia took F-O-R-E-V-E-R. This is partially because we had to drive through Pennsylvania and partially because we were following my aunt's GPS: Lola. Lola was in need of being updated, so once we were in NY, she took us through the middle of nowhere, on back-roads and it felt like it took forever to get to the hotel. Once we had checked in we went right back out for dinner with Meg, Ryan, Steve, and Ben at a great Thai place in Syracuse.  

Eli and Thomas on the drive up, aren't they cute?
 The stripes weren't even planned ;)

Meg and Ben

Ryan, Meg and Steve 



After graduation we went to Ben's family's farm for Megan's graduation party. It was so beautiful there, Ben grilled, we played bocce ball, and pool, visited the barn, saw their amazing garden, and I took a million pictures of cows. :-)

                                                                                        


                                                  








Finally, we said our good nights, and drove back to our hotel. Sunday morning we said goodbye to Thomas and Katie who drove home to Virginia, and we left for Maine. Mama, Eli and I are spending a week in Portland. We're planning on sightseeing, shopping, drinking coffee, visiting bakeries, and going to a museum or two. I'll blog more soon, right now I'm going to sleep :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment